1. 2002 World Cup – in all its life-rejuvinating glory, results be damned.
2. Harold Druken’s OT goal for the Vancouver Canucks against the LA Kings, April 2001 – and just like that the Canucks five years in the non-playoff wilderness were over.
3. 2006 World Cup: Quarterfinal – France 1, Brazil 0. Do you believe in miracles? OUI!
4. Tottenham Hotspur 4, Aston Villa 4, October 2006, Spurs’ 125th anniversary match. “Mine eyes have seen the glory…”
5. West Ham United 2, Tottenham Hotspur 1, 2006 / West Ham United 3, Tottenham Hotspur 4, 2007 The agony and the ecstasy. Lasagna-gate and “Defoe!! OH NO!!!!” As Robbie Williams once sang “You gotta get high before you taste the lows”
6. 2005 Ashes, Second Test, Birmingham, England v Australia, England win by two runs. The greatest Test? Sure.
7. 2008 Wimbledon Men’s Final, Roger Federer v Rafael Nadal. The greatest tennis match? Yes.
8. 400 Not Out! Brian Lara’s unbeaten stand against England for the West Indies, 2004.
9. 2005 Japanese Grand Prix, Formula One. Kimi Raikkonen wins the race, but Fernando Alonso pulls off the overtaking maneuver of a lifetime and takes the title.
10. Super Bowl XXXVI, New England Patriots beat the St. Louis Rams. A major upset starts an unexpected dynasty, and U2 perform an inspiring 9/11 tribute at halftime.